“Pleasure is the nourishment that sustains our soul”- Kate Strong
Pleasure is a state of being, a state where you feel good about yourself and are enjoying your surroundings. Pleasure is usually caused by external stimuli, and often involves the five senses, and is emotional in nature. We can experience pleasure through eating, bathing, dressing, and even walking.
With endless entertainment and access to experiences of all kinds, why is pleasure so important? Taking pleasure in life is directly linked to our happiness so relearning what gives us pleasure and how to deeply experience it is imperative if we want to experience more happiness. What we describe as being pleasurable is unique to each of us. Opportunities abound for each of us every day even when we are in the middle of unpleasant circumstances. We simply need to relearn how to pay attention to our sensual experience (seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, touching) and recognize the feelings of “happy satisfaction and enjoyment” that come from paying attention to even the most common experiences throughout our days. Once we get in the habit of paying attention and experiencing pleasure, we will be inspired to continue the practice because it feels good!
You can create pleasure throughout your day in many different ways. I suggest you experience pleasure at least once a week; it can be anything that gives you pleasure: a massage, a manicure, a bath or shower with candles, an uninterrupted hour with your feet up and a good book. Below are some quick ways to experience pleasure:
- Honor your body with rituals.
- Brag about yourself at least once a day.
- Don’t compromise. Make it your intention to have what you want.
- Invest in yourself. Read a great book, listen to a podcast, exercise, take a walk by yourself.
- Experience sensual pleasure. Remember, “You must know pleasure to give pleasure.”
- Keep a detailed pleasure list. Add to it continuously. See how it changes as you use your Art of Being a Woman skills.
- Maintain your Goddess network. Keep your circle alive.
- Practice Gratitude. Keep acknowledging and giving thanks for all you have.
One of my pleasures in life is creating experiences for women to reconnect with themselves. I get to share my secrets of how I’ve learned to get more of what I want in life. Do you want more out of your life?
Join the “Radiant Woman” Retreat Sept 16-18, 2022 in the beautiful mountains of Sundance, Utah! You will leave with tools to help you create a life of pleasure, passion, desire, and full of gratification! Sign up now!